Dial Before you Dig - Award
This award has been created to raise the awareness and the importance of “Safe Working” practices around underground services and acknowledge operators for their foresight and good decision making skills in carrying out their day to day work activities. We anticipate this recognition will assist in their personal development and also assist councils and their community with safe working practices and less damage to underground infrastructure, resulting in cost saving outcomes.
Conditions of Application:
- Evidence that he/she holds a position within local government
- Evidence of local government experience
- Evidence of licences required to operate the nominated machines
- Endorsement from council manager as to your operator capabilities
- Provide any evidence of having used the DBYD service and followed the 4 P’s principles
- The awardee can be required to make a brief presentation to an MWOA General Meeting within their council region, but not mandatory
- Nominations for this award close on the 1st August 2017
Announcement of the Winner:
The winner to be announced at the 24th National Works & Engineering Conference in Bendigo on Thursday 21st September 2017 and presented with a certificate & cheque valued at $1,500.00.
Download the invitation to nominate pdf here